Cityspan created a single, integrated citywide data tracking system for the Sprockets Program, a collaboration between the City of Saint Paul, Saint Paul Public Schools, and community-based organizations that offers out of school time (OST) programs for youth in Saint Paul.
Sprockets tracks participation and outcomes for more than 7,400 youth in 33 summer and afterschool programs annually. Providers as diverse as the United Way, the Parks and Recreation department, and local churches can now access a common set of student data from the Saint Paul Public Schools. They can select individual student records, see all services each student receives, and track their participation in these programs.
With the system’s automated reporting features, Sprockets program administrators and providers can give funders and stakeholders a quick and accurate overview of program participation by provider. They no longer have to manually review and analyze paper records or separate spreadsheets.
Cityspan has given program administrators the necessary information to make decisions about expanding or starting new programs. It has also enabled them to better link in-school and out-of-school learning outcomes and show the impact of OST participation on the city as a whole.
- Standardized data collection citywide
- Online database to track and manage OST services delivered to more than 7,400 youth
- Integrated data management across diverse programs
- Quick and accurate reporting on program participation
- Use of school district data to provide OST agencies with a better understanding of student characteristics
- Analysis of services to individual students across multiple providers (wraparound view)
- Expansion of the Sprockets network to include more youth-serving agencies