Cityspan developed an integrated nation-wide data collection and management system for the Children’s Defense Fund (CDF), a non-profit child advocacy organization founded in 1973 to ensure equal opportunities for all American children. The Cityspan system supports the CDF’s major initiatives: the CDF Freedom Schools, Beat the Odds®, and Young Advocate Leadership Training (YALT®) Program.
For the CDF Freedom Schools, the Cityspan system includes online registration and attendance tracking for more than 12,500 children in 28 states and 87 cities that includes detailed information on participants and their families. It also collects student level data for the Basic Reading Inventory (BRI) assessment, a nationally recognized evaluation of reading behaviors and reading ability.
Implemented in 350 individual freedom schools, the system allows CDF to monitor data collection and site performance in real time. National CDF administrators have a top-level overview of all local programs and provider agencies have tools for demonstrating program outputs and youth level outcomes.
- Consolidated nation-wide data collection for more than 12,5000 children in 28 states and 87 cities onto one platform
- Unified data collection for Freedom Schools across multiple partner agencies
- Ability to quickly generate accurate reports to show funders scope and impact of programs
- Improved monitoring and management of site-level activities
- Dramatically reduced time required for CDF and its partners to collect data
- More complete and more accurate data on programs and participants
- More thorough and accurate outcomes analysis